« Home | Family Reunion in Frankfurt » | developing India. » | sights from around Delhi » | quick hits from Bombay » | The One and Only - Taj Mahal » | Travel By Rickshaw, Anyone? » | Darn Riots! » | Entertainment, India Style » | i ♥ cricket! » | Mumbai or Bombay? Either is fine. »

Shukriya + Namasté.

Shukriya + Namasté

I hope you have enjoyed this glimpse of India. It certainly has been a pleasure to experience and share. I would like to say shukriya (Hindi for 'thank you') to Hasmik for meeting me in Zurich and for the delicious swiss chocolate croissant, to my colleagues Jen and Steph for their pleasant companionship, to Judy and Kristin for use of their guidebooks, to Anand for linking me up with his cousin, to Lakshmi for meeting me despite the riots, to Jean and Melissa for a wonderful afternoon at the Taj, to Rati for introducing me to parathas, to Charlie and Oxanna for the wine and excellent visit, to Darla for being such a good commenter, to Mom for making me call home, and last but not least.. THANK YOU for reading!

I leave you with the Indian greeting/goodbye that i particularly love - Namasté. When offering this salutation, it is commonly accompanied by a slight bow made with the hands pressed together in front of the chest. According to Wikipedia, this salutation can be taken to mean any of the following..

The God in me sees and honors the god in you.
The Spirit in me meets the same Spirit in you.
I greet that place where you and I are one.
May the God within you, bless you.
I salute the Light of God in you.
I bow to the divine in you.

enjoying the sunset on Bombay's Chowpatty beach

Labels: , ,

Thanks for another great adventure through such awesome pics and descriptions. You have sure had some wonderful experiences, and it is great that you are able to share them with us. ILY
(and you really only called once!)

Hey John, Fred just passed me the link...what a fun, interactive blog! Sounds like you had a great time, I forwarded on to some friends studying in Udaipur. Hope I get to hear about the trip in person!

the god in me sees and honors the god in you...

i should be so lucky.

thank YOU for being so darn wonderful, and worldly, and FUN.

well travelled and well written. welcome home.

Fantastic journalism!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm johnny 5
  • From Honolulu, Hawaii
  • My Grandfather led an extraordinary life.. as a teenager he worked in a steel mill, fought the Nazis at age 20, lived in Paris, traveled the world, became a pilot, married an amazing woman and raised a fantastic family. He taught me that life is full of incredible experiences which later become great stories and treasured memories. I've found that sometimes in life you just have to push everything aside and seek out those "once in a lifetime" experiences. "It is not the challenge among us, but the challenge within us." - Unknown
My profile
Powered by Blogger